The single deadliest attack on Ahmadis was on 28 May 2010 when two Ahmadi mosques were stormed by terrorists and 86 Ahmadi worshippers (including a British citizen) were massacred. No one has been prosecuted for the attacks despite the fact that one of the attackers was apprehended and handed to the police by unarmed worshippers.

The dead include Judge (R) Munir Ahmad Sheikh, the Amir of the Lahore Ahmadiyya community, Major General (R) Nasir Ahmad, president of the Model Town chapter, Mr Mahmud Shad, a missionary, Mr Ejaz Nasrulla, a nephew of Late Sir Muhammad Zafrullah Khan, former President of the International Court of Justice at Den Haag, British National Bilal Ashraf and a number of community officials.


The attacks were timed to be simultaneous. Two or three attackers targeted the Model Town mosque while a larger contingent attacked the bigger Garhi Shahu mosque. The terrorists killed or injured the few community guards and stormed the main assembly halls. When inside, the attackers used hand grenades and sprayed bullets indiscriminately on the worshippers. At Garhi Shahu they availed plenty of time to expend their ammunition. Many more casualties occurred when the attackers blew themselves up.

The police arrived too late to offer any assistance..

Two terrorists were apprehended by Ahmadi youth in Model Town mosque, stopping them from blowing themselves up. They were handed over to the police but have never been prosecuted.


3 Days After the attack on the Mosques in Lahore Pakistan, Attackers stormed the Jinnah Hospital where doctors were treating the injured from the Mosque attacks on Friday, the attack on Jinnah Hospital left 6 dead authorities believe it the attackers attempted to free the militant who was being treated there.


Just days after the Lahore attacks another Ahmadi, Mr Nehmatullah of District Narowal, Pakistan was martyred due to being an Ahmadi. It was evident that this pre-meditated murder was directly inspired by the Lahore attacks. He was attacked with a knife and died soon after.

The village in which the deceased lived is populated with three Ahmadi families. After hearing recently in a Friday sermon that Ahmadis were ‘Wajibul Qatl’ (‘duty bound to be killed’) the assailant was allegedly openly preaching that he would murder Ahmadis.

Following the Lahore attacks on Friday the assailant also allegedly said openly that he would personally make sure that no Ahmadi was left alive in his village.


The community,  did not take to the street, take out processions or stage a protest in Rabwah. It is not the practice with Ahmadis. Instead, they have turned to God and continue to pray for themselves and the countrymen in general. They were guided by a statement from their supreme leader, the Khalifa tul Masih V: “The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat is a peace loving true Muslim Jamaat. Thus there will be no improper reaction from any Ahmadi. Our salvation lies in our supplication to God Almighty and we believe that He has, and always will, help us”.

As for the terrorists, Tehrik Taliban Punjab has claimed the responsibility. It is confirmed by those who survived the massacre in Garhi Shahu that the terrorists faced no resistance from the police during their attack, and had sufficient time to even examine the dead bodies in the main hall and kill those who were still alive. They shouted slogan of Khatme Nabuwat Zinda bad, (Long live End of Prophethood). According to eye witnesses, four of them managed to escape after the carnage.

The federal government and human rights concerns have confirmed that the provincial government had been informed of terrorist threat to the Ahmadiyya community. The Ahmadiyya headquarters had kept the provincial and federal governments regularly informed of the activities and open threats of the anti-Ahmadiyya clerics, and warned against the sort of tragedy that eventually materialized in Lahore.